Cargo Fedex Pilot Hiring Window now Open
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Fedex anticipates having the window open for new profiles on 1 August, 2011 for 45 days.
- Commercial Pilot Certificate with Multi-engine and Instrument rating (without limitations)
- Current ATP Certificate
- Current FE Turbojet Rating or written (FEX or Basic/turbojet)
- Must pass FAA mandated drug screen
- Recency and type of experience is considered
- Meet requirements for and currently hold First Class Medical certification
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Eligibility for rapid visa issuance, issued by offices in the United States to fly to any FedEx destination.
- This position requires clearance from United States Postal Service including a FBI fingerprint check.
- Candidates for jobs involving handling or access to U.S. mail cannot be considered for employment if they have resided outside the U.S., Guam or Puerto Rico for more than (6) six months during the last (5) years prior to today’s date, other than the following verifiable exceptions: active duty in the U.S. Uniformed Service; trailing spouse or dependent of someone working for the U.S. government (military or civilian); missionary; student attending school in a foreign country; Peace Corps participant; employee of a U.S. based employer/company or other extraordinary circumstances.
- Eligibility for issuance of US Security Clearance
- 1500 hours total fixed-wing time as pilot-in-command (PIC) or second-in-command in multi-engine turbo-prop A/C or jet A/C or combination thereof, including a minimum of 1000 hours total fixed-wing pilot-in-command in multi-engine turbo prop A/C or jet A/C or combination thereof. Note: PIC for this purpose is defined as Captain/Aircraft Commander of record, not simply the sole manipulator of the controls. Note: FedEx considers only pilot time in fixed wing aircraft toward minimum qualifications. This does not include simulator, helicopter, flight engineer, bombardier, navigator, RIO, EWO, WSO, NFO, or Special Crew.
- All certificates and ratings required to be U.S.A. FAA issued
Careers at FedEx
New profiles are now being accepted. Existing active profile holders will receive their activation email very shortly. If you have updated your profile since November 2008 and do not receive an activation email by the end of today, please contact [email protected] Thank you for your patience.
One of the things most people don’t know about FedEx is that we operate one of the largest airlines in the world. The difference is that our passengers are packages. We’ve flown Indy race-cars to Australia, a windmill from Denmark, and Easter eggs to the White House. And the reason people trust us with these deliveries is the impeccable record of our pilots. Without them FedEx’s global reach would still be a dream.
We employ more than 4800 of the most skilled pilots in the world and provide them with the best technology and equipment ensuring that they can always do their job safely. Our fleet of over 380 jets are equipped with state-of-the-art instrumentation and because we are constantly adding routes and services, our pilots have more frequent opportunities for seat progression. Plus, we are still the leader in this industry that we created over 35 years ago. We offer our pilots something others can’t – stability and a history of reliable growth.
If you are interested in becoming a pilot at FedEx, please fill out a profile form which is the initial step in being considered for the position. Please review our qualifications and questions (links above) then click the profile button at the top of either page.
Applicants with Disabilities
If you have a condition that hinders your ability to apply online, please choose one of the following alternate options to submit your expression of interest with FedEx Pilot Recruitment:
Email your resume and/or letter of interest to:
3855 Airways Blvd.
Memphis, TN 38116
Important Note: These options are reserved for use only by individuals with disabilities. Call us at 901-397-9513. Information received via the options will be routed to specialists who will provide appropriate assistance to these individuals to ensure that their data is entered into the FedEx Pilot Recruitment online profile.
A Career At FedEx Delivers The World.
It is the policy of FedEx Express to afford equal employment opportunity to all individuals, regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, status as a Vietnam era, special disabled veteran, or other covered veteran, or age (except where age is a bona fide occupational qualification) or for any other reason provided for by Federal, State or local laws. We are strongly bound to this policy because adherence to equal employment opportunity principles is the only acceptable American way of life. FedEx Express is committed to ensure that we: (1) recruit, hire, train and promote persons to all jobs in accordance with principles of equal employment opportunity; (2) base decisions on employment so as to further the principle of equal employment opportunity; (3) make promotional decisions in accordance with principles of imposing only valid job requirements; and (4) administer personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, company-sponsored training, education, tuition assistance, social and recreational programs in accordance with principles of equal employment opportunity.
David J. Bronczek
President and Chief Executive Officer
How to Apply
27770 total views, 3 today